National HS Rankings

2019 National High School Team Rankings: Pre-Season Teams to Watch Outside the Top 100

PrepVolleyball.com’s
national high school team rankings countdown begins today with 82 “Teams to
Watch.” These are teams outside our pre-season Top 100 that merit keeping a
close eye on as the season progresses.

You must login to view this article or subscribe to PrepVolleyball.com! Annual subscriptions start at just $1.87/month!

If you are already a member, please click here to login.

8 Comments

8 Comments

1. Avatar

npiatas

August 8, 2019 at 7:17 am

Wondering why Plano West in Plano, Texas is not in this mix?. They already beat Hebron in a pre-season match who is listed.

2. Avatar

padcrasher

August 8, 2019 at 9:24 am

The title of this article reads “Pre-Season Teams to Watch Outside the Top 100”. Plano West will be included when the higher ranked teams are covered.

3. John Tawa

John Tawa

August 8, 2019 at 1:44 pm

Look for Plano West in the top 10!

4. Avatar

rhornaday

August 8, 2019 at 2:09 pm

Big miss by Prep Volleyball in its write-up on Mt. Vernon (Indiana). To get to Regionals, yet alone Semi-State, Mt. Vernon is going to have to win the toughest sectional in the state of Indiana, which includes New Castle (3A State Champ in 2018) and Yorktown (4A State Champ in 2018).

5. John Tawa

John Tawa

August 8, 2019 at 2:18 pm

Curious why my writing about a team that is intriguing qualifies in your mind as a miss? I wrote that taking the step “could” come this year not “should.” I will now leave it to you to explain what you meant

6. Avatar

rhornaday

August 8, 2019 at 2:27 pm

John, I’ll wait until you rank New Castle as a top 10 team and Yorktown as a top 50 team and then ask how Mt. Vernon “could” get out of that sectional this year. I’ll give you a pass for not knowing that both New Castle and Yorktown were reassigned to Mt. Vernon’s sectional, which also includes Pendleton Heights and last year’s sectional winner Greenfield-Central.

7. John Tawa

John Tawa

August 8, 2019 at 3:47 pm

I don’t have Yorktown as a top 100 team to start. Too young and too small in my view. And read my blurb on Crown Point to see if I had an understanding that New Castle and Yorktown had, literally, “gone South.”

8. Avatar

rhornaday

August 8, 2019 at 5:05 pm

Fair enough. I was never disputing that Mt. Vernon is a very talented team. We are fortunate to have so many great teams in the Midwest, especially Indiana. Unfortunately the best team in the state, New Castle, is a sectional opponent. Good luck to all of the high school teams in the upcoming season and I appreciate your love of the sport John.